President John T. Niccollai
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT JOHN T. NICCOLLAI THURSDAY, MARCH 25, 2021
KINGS CONTRACT UPDATE
SUCCESS – KINGS WINS IMPLEMENTATION OF INDUSTRY CONTRACT WITH WAGE INCREASE RETROACTIVITY
President Niccollai reported today that it wasn’t easy to get a new Employer to agree to the outstanding Industry Contract for a Company coming out of bankruptcy – but we did it because the membership was militant and adamant that we would settle for nothing less. This unparalleled contract for our Kings Brothers and Sisters will stand as a shining example of what can be achieved when the membership and the Union Leadership refuse to give in.
The highlights of this amazing Contract are as follows:
• No co-pay medical benefits for both full-time and part-time members for the 57-month term of the Agreement.
• Continuation of our non-contributory Defined Benefit Pension Plan for the term of the Agreement.
• A retention bonus of $100.00 for part-time employees and $200.00 for full-time employees, payable as of June 2021.
• An increase from 12 to 24 prescriptions per year for part-time members.
• Wage compression protection language providing rates above the minimum wage based upon years of service.
• Wage increases of up to $225.00 per week for full-time (C) rate clerks over the term of the Agreement.
• A $2.00 per hour wage increase for part-time members, in addition to the minimum wage increases over the term of the Agreement.
• Extension of prepackaged meat job protection for Butchers.
• Restriction on others performing bargaining unit work.
• Wage increases of between $110.00 and $120.00 per week for employees not on progression over the term of the Agreement.
• An increase of travel pay from $.45 to $.55 per mile.
• Updating of antiquated contract time periods.
Now that we have reached this most noteworthy Contract Settlement, it’s time for us to demonstrate that we have the ability to turn this Company around and secure a bright future for all Kings Members. As we understand, “the best job security is a successful Company”. We, as an extremely knowledgeable workforce, look forward to helping restore Kings to its premier position in the Supermarket Industry.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!
WORK SMARTLY – WORK SAFELY